Friday 16 October 2009

Letters Home

Writing letters nowadays seems so distant and foreign. Everyone talks
about emails, blogs, text messages and so on. Well, I have even
received only forwarded emails or rather, chain mails from some
people, or an email with just one phrase.

No, I am not complaining or saying that it is no good, but I just felt
I would love to get "letter", even once a month. Recently, I have been
writing home via emails regularly, which I made it a point to do so,
and these emails come in the form of letters/journals of what is
happening here. However, it means more than that.

Mum only reads Chinese and understands it perfectly. I speak Chinese
but, I don't write it at all. With all these writing for home, there
is one person who does not get to read; mum. But, thanks be to God, I
found a friend who is willing to help me translate my letters into
Chinese so that mum and dad can read them. At times, I wonder if
anyone reads my email because no reply came my way.

Now things have changed. I know deep down, even if I don't get any
reply from a single person, I know for sure that someone is expecting
my weekly letter; mum and dad. With this in mind, I shall continue to
write and for sure, they would be very glad to hear from me, their
beloved princess who is far, far away from home.

No comments: