Monday 19 December 2005

WWJD

Does that sound familiar to you? Or have you forgotten about it? What Would Jesus Do? I was never broght up in any Sunday schools, and was born again at 15. However, this simple phrase helped me a lot, and I thank God that I had a good foundation from church and CF in schools. After reading the Article by Eugene Peterson, I asked this question, WWJD? Are we too busy with our 'Christian community'? Nowadays, running a church is almost like running a business, how to keep it operatin well, how to have sufficient funds for the different activities, how to celebrate this and that, how to make sure the 'people' get the job done. I have never really served in a church, but lately I was given the opportunity to be more involved. But at times, I could hardly breathe or starting to feel suffocating, why? One said, "walk an extra mile for God", and I wonder am I denying it by thinking "I don't feel like doing it"? And, why must I keep myself busy in order to keep my mind or myself from sinning? Does that mean a relaxed life leads you easier in to hell? I am caught off balance, so what should be done? How to find focus again?

No comments: