Thursday 14 July 2011

He Called Me BABY

Have you ever wondered why someone would call a person "baby? I often
wonder about that.

As far as I know, I am my mum's "baby" - her most beloved daughter,
noone can replace. In fact, I am listed as "honey baby" on her
phonebook...oops, don't throw up as yet. Other than that, I am
nobody's "baby".

In the past few years, one or two men have called me "babe" or "baby",
all to do with mingling amongst ang mo. But then again, at times I was
not sure if those endearments were truly endearment or mere
"condescending". Anyway, I just played along. So, further to "babe"
and "baby", I got "dear" and once, "darling". Hahahahah!

O, we are talking about men addressing me with those endearments. As
for my girl friends and all other lovely ladies, it is always love,
lovely, gorgeous, dear, sweetheart...I think I like sweetheart. My
English mum and dad often call me "sweetheart"...I think that's very
sweet indeed.

Well, last night, I received this simple email from ...ehem, a man.

"Go to sleep baby!"

Nope, not my father or brothers or boyfriend or anyone close...but
someone I know... =)

No comments: